Who we are
We are the Clinical Advisory Network on Sex and Gender.
Our website address is: https://can-sg.org
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data we collect and why
Please note that when you contact the Clinical Advisory Network on Sex and Gender via the contact form, we currently collect and process your name and contact details in the form of your email address.
We collect this information to allow us to correspond with you.
We do not receive information indirectly from any other source.
Your personal information is securely stored within a password-protected account that is only accessible to the administrators at Clinical Advisory Network on Sex and Gender.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at email@example.com and we will then dispose of your information by permanently deleting the record.
Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.
Your data protection rights
Under the UK GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Your right to access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about the use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Interaction with other external social networks and platforms
Visitors are provided with the option to navigate to a variety of other external websites e.g. Twitter and YouTube.
This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this website.
The interaction and information obtained through this website are always subject to the user’s privacy settings for each social network.
This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when users do not use it.
When the visitor selects the option to view the content from these websites, they are taken away from the can-sg.org website to the other site, where a variety of cookies may be used throughout the visit.
can-sg.org is not responsible for any cookies used once the visitor has left the can-sg.org website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on a visitors computer by websites that you visit.
They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the Owners of this Website.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser.
Web browsers also offer control over cookies through the browser settings, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.