We have thus far 269 signatories to our declaration. The declaration is:
We are calling for medical and healthcare institutions to commit to:
- Agreed, precise terminology about sex, gender and gender identity.
- Recording of biological sex in all healthcare settings and data, alongside optional recording of gender identity where relevant.
- Ensuring their policies are sex, sexual orientation and gender reassignment sensitive, Equality Act compliant and Equality Impact assessed.
- Developing and testing the safety and efficacy of a range of therapies to support all people who have significant distress around their sex or sense of identity, within a nationally approved research programme to address uncertainties in the field of gender dysphoria.
- Avoidance of medical interventions in young people undergoing normal puberty and development until they reach brain maturity.
To sign the declaration please see below.
Comments made by signatories can be seen under the ‘Comments’ section of this page.