We are calling for medical and healthcare institutions to commit to:
- Agreed, precise terminology about sex, gender and gender identity.
- Recording of biological sex in all healthcare settings and data, alongside optional recording of gender identity where relevant.
- Ensuring their policies are sex, sexual orientation and gender reassignment sensitive, Equality Act compliant and Equality Impact assessed.
- Developing and testing the safety and efficacy of a range of therapies to support all people who have significant distress around their sex or sense of identity, within a nationally approved research programme to address uncertainties in the field of gender dysphoria.
- Avoidance of medical interventions in young people undergoing normal puberty and development until they reach brain maturity.